The Sea School is based in Moreton Bay, delivering fun and adventurous marine expeditions that achieve practical and meaningful learning outcomes.
We focus on skill development and group work, utilising adventure education and expeditionary learning approaches through our unique Sea School Curriculum.
Please explore the different sections of this website for more detailed information.
Our current training program delivery includes:
- School holiday FUN for digital detox and awesome nature/friend connections
- Sea School Certificate and Duke of Edinburgh Award – training and qualifying expeditions
- Sail training courses – developing your maritime knowledge, practical sailing skills, communication, decision making and situational leadership.
- Educational group work using a range of possible outdoor adventure activities for expeditions and shorter programs
- Tailored staff development and team building programs – increasing skills, awareness and responsibility through practice and reflection on teamwork, leadership and communication
- Sailing/Kayaking/Canoeing/Bushwalking Instructor training and assessment
- Marine Science, Core Skills and other particular learning outcomes – focused discovery programs with qualified teachers
- Adventure Therapy opportunities for individuals and groups, including extended journey programs with quality support processes
- Creative Approaches to Group Work training for Human Services workers including Educators, Youth Leaders and Facilitators
The Blue Peter is a maritime signal flag (P) which has also been used as a symbol for maritime youth development programs for a very long time – our original blog has more detail on this. Our approaches are based on the design principles of expeditionary learning which we believe are even more relevant today.
We are proud to continue this important tradition of training for life through adventures at sea – with the help of our young people and broader community.
We refer to “Blue Peter” as our organisational mission to develop skills and capacity for activity conduction, leadership and facilitation through adventure education and expeditionary learning processes.
We refer to “The Sea School” as the range of our programs incorporating training for Sea School Certificate, Duke of Edinburgh Award Scheme, school based curriculum and other tailored expedition objectives.
- Blue Peter has all the latest sail training news and updates!
- Blue Peter – The Sea School would love to share your videos as well!
A wide tange of tailored expedition and training programs have been developed to meet specific group needs, objectives or learning outcomes, such as those for:
Mission Australia, Silky Oaks Childrens Haven*, Roma House*, Noosa Pengari Steiner School*, Boonah State High School*, John Paul College*, PCYC, Wesley Mission*, Scenic Rim Shire Council*, Church of England Grammar School*, Mapleton QCCC, South Passage*, NSW Health, Australian Catholic University*, Paramount Adventures*, Hillbrook Anglican School* Clairvaux McKillop College*, Youth Plus*, Human Nature* and of course all our own Sea School Certificate trainees, skippers, sea guides and other facilitators of awesomeness.
“I felt safe and comfortable at all times when aboard each boat because there was always a leader who knew what they were doing.”
“I feel more confident with all of these areas and I think I am going to be more prepared for the next expedition.”
“The program met and went far beyond my expectation for the trip. I had a far greater trip than I was imagining.”
“I liked everyone as they were very welcoming and all the activities I enjoyed a lot.”
“I had a fantastic time! And so did all of the young people, at some stage or another ;)”
“…too good – it takes the thunder away from our year 10 expedition.”
Year 7 teacher
Lecturer in Outdoor Leadership
“It was the best training I have ever had. I feel so motivated!”
Allied Health staff member
“Very organised but still had a relaxed feel to the camp”
“Reports back from the programs have been outstanding – so a big thank you for the effort of yourself and the team.”
Outdoor Education Coordinator
Letters of recommendation:
You will really love it!
If you have already been on a Sea School program, please leave your feedback here.